Monday, February 12, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9 - Aggregators

"News feeds" or "aggregators" are tremendous tools for information on local, national and world news. Topic.net is wonderful for searching a variety of topics that are news related. It is so easy to use: I searched "North Korea nuclear" and found the latest information on the negotiations. I was able to find "RSS" buttons and included NPR, CNN and CBS to my Bloglines.

As an "aggregator," Syndic8.com did not have substantial postings. I searched under "categories" and found "reference" that led me to "Library and Information Science," however, the end result of the search was three blogs. This site of "RSS" feeds relies on users submitted information and lacked the boundless information that is available today.

"Feed readers" or "aggregators" that are blogs are more difficult to sift through. They lack editorial comment - as in most items posted on the Internet. However, for a democracy (or republic) blogs are tremendous sources for the most creative thoughts and ideas. It has been an interesting journey and I am...

No comments: