Monday, February 19, 2007

Week 5, Thing 12 - Rollyo

I was intrigued by the idea of creating my own search tool for websites. For me, searching the web for election information has been massive - so I created a "Rollyo" on U.S. Elections. To find sites I "know and trust," I researched "Web links by Subject" within our sjlibrary.org website. I used the "Government & Law" button and searched under "Elections & Voting" and "Politics." I found some links including the link to the Librarian's Internet Index. At that site, I was able to find a number of web links under "Government," "Politics," and "Elections." I chose links I knew such as c-span.org, gpoaccess.gov, vote-smart.org, lwv.org (League of Women Voters); I also chose some sites because they were recommended by the Librarian's Internet Index. They included politics1.com, factcheck.org, and thisnation.com. I deliberately did not include news sites, because as a society we have tremendous access to daily news reports. My "Rollyo" is posted to the right.

No comments: